"Welcome to 'The Jot Pot', my admiration of all things inspiring, food, art, and parts of my daily life."

Friday, December 31, 2010

breakfast today

We had fish cakes this morning. Actually I made them yesterday and now that's the thing I like about this recipe, because you can make a lot at once and then store them frozen. Whenever you want to eat them, all you need to do is defrost and fry. Though this is my first try, I was happy with the results. What was missing was the lemon zest since I didn't have lemon anywhere in the fridge. I got my recipe here but substituted the salmon to snapper fish and added bread crumbs to the outer side of the cake. I used an easier step to Jamie's way of doing it. Instead of boiling the potatoes separately, I steamed them all together with the fish. I think I saved time there :) I think this is a great (meaning simple and super easy) way to cook fish, plus children love it. Willing to try? Do! Oh yeah, have a great new years eve!

No comments:

Post a Comment