"Welcome to 'The Jot Pot', my admiration of all things inspiring, food, art, and parts of my daily life."

Thursday, July 21, 2011

mothers and jugglers

image: Getty Images
I loved reading the posts over at A Cup Of Jo about how how 8 inspiring working mothers balance their work/ baby/ life. It's good to read stories about women who are on the same boat and share how they get things done being working and managing a family with infant children. Eventhough my work life isn't that busy as theirs, still, I know exactly how it feels to run errands, handle the baby, and work projects without child care at all. I'm sure many mothers here in Indonesia can relate being that juggler at home. I think this series of posts was a great idea. Here are a few quotes that I couldn't agree more to and ones that make me realize how lucky I am working from home. 


"I get to see my kid all day. That he gets a hug from mama anytime he wants, and vice-versa." - Deb Perelman of Smitten Kitchen


"I definitely make less money (than the husband) but I wouldn't trade the ability to be with Elodie (her child) for anything." - Elizabeth Antonia of The Littlest


"I sometimes feel a little isolated working from home. I love being around other people and miss bouncing ideas off of a creative team." - Elizabeth Antonia of The Littlest


"If I've learned anything in my role as a mother, it's that nap time is more precious than gold." - Jenny Komenda of Little Green Notebook 


"For me, the thing that ends up coming in last place is free time alone." - Joanna Goddard of A Cup Of Jo


"I think marriage is one of the easiest things to neglect once you have a child. It's so important to foster the connection you have with your spouse." - Elizabeth Antonia of The Littlest



"Take gentle care of yourself, we should be kind to ourselves and treat ourselves like the sweet souls we are." - Joanna Goddard of A Cup Of Jo

The last quote I think is so important. All mothers and women should be aware of this. Agree? 

No comments:

Post a Comment