"Welcome to 'The Jot Pot', my admiration of all things inspiring, food, art, and parts of my daily life."

Sunday, December 25, 2011

kimono coasters

When my husband asked what I wanted from Japan, nothing specific came up in mind so I just asked for something unique and cheap. I didn't want him spending a lot on something I might not like, right? So when he came back and pulled these out, I couldn't be more happier... Yeah, I'm so easy to please :D I was wowed by the beautiful prints on each of every coaster and the shape couldn't be more Japanese, a Kimono! So it says on the box, the coasters are made from Washi (Japanese Paper) which is handmade of vegetable fiber. It is very strong and age resistant, full of softness and warmth. Nevertheless, I'm not going to use them as coasters. They're too sweet. I think I'm going to frame them in a deep all-white colored frame. I'm not going to risk them getting ruined by coffee spills or tea stains. Also, the other box of coasters my husband intended to give to a relative just might not reach the address. Naughty me. Oh well, I'll trade them for some Japanese Marshmallows. How's that? ;) 

Oh, it's Christmas and holidays! Have a joyful time today with your loved ones. 

No comments:

Post a Comment