"Welcome to 'The Jot Pot', my admiration of all things inspiring, food, art, and parts of my daily life."

Thursday, December 1, 2011

soto ayam #CPP1

I chose Soto Ayam to be my first recipe of my Cooking Project Part 1 (#CPP1) and I nailed it! I started cooking in the morning so we had this for lunch and dinner today. I followed this recipe and watched this video for a picture of how to get things started and so on. I did make a few substitutes to the recipe according to my preference. It wasn't as hard as I thought, but then maybe because I got a hand from my helper in grinding the spices. She grinds spices like a high-speed food processor :) Thanks so much, Mbak Mar! So, my kind of Soto Ayam consists of rice noodles, sliced cabbage, bean sprouts, a boiled egg, and chicken. To top the dish off, I cut in half and thinly sliced potatoes and deep fried them to go straight on top of the Soto when about to serve. It gives a crunch in every bite and potatoes goes best with Soto. Oh, don't forget the shrimp crackers! It just makes the dish even more complete. I'm glad I passed this recipe satisfyingly.  What a tasty 1st of December!

No comments:

Post a Comment