"Welcome to 'The Jot Pot', my admiration of all things inspiring, food, art, and parts of my daily life."

Wednesday, February 22, 2012

teatime today

I made myself a large pyrex bowl of macaroni and cheese today. It was disturbing my mind last night so I thought I had to make it ASAP. It was the perfect match for my tea and such a comfort for my not so comfortable day. Now I know why it's called comfort food. Below is the recipe:
Ingredients
4 handfuls of elbow macaroni
1 big onion, 2 garlics
Half a can of corned beef
1 1/2 little carton of milk for the roux
2 table spoons of flour for the roux
Margarine
Half a box of cheese, grated
Season with salt, pepper, sugar
Bread crumbs for the top
How to make: Cook the pasta until soft in boiled salted water. Chop up the onion and garlic, cook in margarine till soft and add the corned beef. Season and turn off heat. Put in 3 spoons of margarine in another pot and add the flour while stirring consistantly. Add the milk little by little until the liquid forms a thick paste. Add the cheese and pepper, mix, turn off heat. Drain the macaroni, then add to the corned beef pan and mix thoroughly. Place in a pyrex bowl. Pour in the roux until blended well with the macaroni and add lots of bread crumbs on top. Bake for 40 minutes for a nice golden brown top. Yumm-O!

No comments:

Post a Comment